Thursday, May 24, 2012

Nick Waterhouse, born six late decades too late

When I first saw a picture of Nick Waterhouse, not only did I think it was a photo from the middle part of the 20th century, but I also thought I was looking at the love child of Buddy Holly and Rivers Cuomo. When I started listening to Nick, I still wasn't convinced that he was a modern musician. Then when I saw his first video, I thought I was watching the new intro of Mad Men. Either way, I'm really liking the retro, garage sounds coming from this 25 year old from California. I think you will too. 


His first full album, Time's All Gone, was recently released and it's definitely worth a glimpse if you've ever tapped your foot to a mix of R&B and rock and roll (great guitar licks). Think a mix of Raphael Saadique, Aloe Blacc, Amy Winehouse, and The Black Keys.  


Nick Waterhouse – I Can Only Give You Everything




Nick Waterhouse – Is That Clear

No comments:

Post a Comment