Saturday, March 31, 2012

In need of a First Aid Kit

I've been wanting to write a post about the band First Aid Kit for a while now and I figured now would be a good time as ever as I recover from my second collarbone surgery in as many months. Unfortunately, I have one arm in a sling and typing is a pain, so this is going to be short and sweet.
First Aid Kit is a cool, folky, sister duet hailing from Sweden. I was really impressed with this band, and then even more so when I discovered their ages; 23 and 19 respectively. The girls gained a little popularity in the U.S. after releasing this cover of Fleet Foxes' Tiger Mountain Peasant Song. 


I discovered them after hearing their Fever Ray cover of When I Grow Up.

But the Söderberg sisters are more than just covers, and their new album is quite enjoyable. Let's start with the title track, The Lion's Roar
First Aid Kit – The Lion's Roar


Next up, Emmylou.
First Aid Kit – Emmylou
I’ll be your Emmylou and I’ll be your June 
And you’ll be my Gram and my Johnny too. 
No, I’m not asking much of you 
Just sing little darling, sing with me.



Finally, King of the World, featuring Connor Oberst. Heck yes! 
First Aid Kit – King of the World

No comments:

Post a Comment