Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Magnetic Zeros are Here

In 2009, Alex Ebert, Jade Castrinos, and the rest of those crazy Magnetic Zeros hit it big with the songs "Home" and "Janglin'" on their debut album. We all loved the album and I personally wish I could take the song Home back to my 2008 wedding and use it as our first dance. But alas, these songs had a bit of a shelf life and if you were anything like me, their new album Here was long overdue. 


To me, Here sounds a bit like a combination of a rowdy church sermon, a backyard hootenanny, and a bunch of tipsy gypsies, which is exactly how Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros should sound. 


The other element of this album that greatly stands out to me is the fact that the voice of Jade Castrinos that we all met in Home is loud and prevalent throughout the disc. I may or or may not have a pretty serious (wife allowed) fan crush on Jade and her abilities. So I was psyched to hear so much more of her in the band's sophomore album. Thanks Alex for sharing the stage a bit better this time around. Tell me I'm wrong by the way...




















Here's a few songs from Here. Enjoy!
Man On Fire 
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros – Man On Fire

These guys really make it through the late night circuit apparently. Here's That's What's Up on Jimmy Kimmel. 

And finally, I Don't Wanna Pray 

And on one final note, Jade is hot. That is all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment